OEO & EOD Trainings
The Office of Equal Opportunity has partnered with Employee and Organizational Development to offer critical trainings for UNM staff and faculty regarding many civil rights issues. Students are welcome to attend classes as well. Please visit OEO or EOD for more information.
Titile IX and Sexual Misconduct
- UNM Learning Central OEO 101, offered each month, or by request
- Participants will learn the basics of Title IX, what to do with a report of Title IX discrimination or sexual misconduct, talking points, confidentiality requirements, how to support students who allege sexual misconduct.
- Learning Objectives: Title IX basics, reporting obligations under UNM policy, definitions of sexual misconduct, talking points with students around Title IX, UNM policies related to Title IX and sexual misconduct, resources. Who Should Take This Course: Staff and Faculty who have contact with students; those who want to learn more about Title IX and the University's obligations; those who may receive a report of sexual misconduct.
Preventing Sexual Harassment in Your Workplace (Workshop)
- UNM Learning Central EOD 402
- The commitment of the University of New Mexico is to: 1. Have a sexual harassment free working environment 2. PREVENT inappropriate conduct before it gets to sexual harassment .In this two-hour workshop, a representative from the Office of Equal Opportunity will discuss how you can prevent sexual harassment from happening in your workplace. We will also discuss how to recognize and respond to sexual harassment by reviewing UNM Policies #2730 and #2200.
Intersections: Preventing Discrimination and Harassment (Online Training)
- UNM Learning Central EOD 1007
Mandatory University Wide training – This 1 hour training for faculty and staff is designed to raise awareness about workplace harassment including sexual harassment, various types of discrimination, Title IX and Campus SaVE Act information. The training describes the role of an employee to reduce or prevent incidents of misconduct and UNM policies and resources available
Civil Rights at Work at UNM (Workshop)
- UNM Learning Central EOD 244