In recognition of the service of deployed military personnel, the University of New Mexico has established simplified procedures for withdrawal and re-enrollment.
Military Withdrawal Process:
Bring military orders/evidence to the LoboRESPECT Advocacy Center along with a Request for Military Withdrawal Form. Please do this before you plan to leave the University. Choices regarding military withdrawals depend upon the academic calendar as follows:
You will withdraw without grade on records. The tuition will be refunded 100% to the original source.
You will receive a grade of W in each course. The tuition will be refunded 100% to the original source.
12 weeks of instruction
You have to choose one (1) of the following:
The Advocacy Center will notify the following UNM departments: Bursar's Office, Financial Aid Office, Scholarship Office, Office of the Registrar and Veterans Services.
- To find out about implications to your financial aid award, contact the Financial Aid Office (505-277-8900).
- To find out about your scholarship status, contact the Scholarship Office (505-277-8900).
- If you are living on campus, contact the Residence Life Office (505-277-2606)
When you return, please contact the LoboRESPECT Advocacy Center, so that you may resume your studies at UNM.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I get a refund for textbooks?
- Yes. You will be eligible for a refund at the Customer Service counter of the UNM Bookstore (505-277-5451).
Can I get a refund for parking permit?
- Yes. Take your parking permit to Parking & Transportation Services (505-277-1938) in order to receive a refund.
Can I get a refund for my residence hall?
Yes. You will receive the refund based on the daily rate. Contact Residence Life & Student Housing (505-277-2606) for additional information.
If there is any outstanding balance in my student account, can the due date be postponed?
- Yes. The Bursar's Office will freeze your student account. No service charge will be added during your military leave. Contact the Bursar's Office (505-277-5363) for additional information.