Short Term Loans
The Advocacy Center offers students short term loans for emergency situations, should they meet the following loan requirements:
- Have a 2.0 or higher GPA
- Must be enrolled for at least 6 hours (unless it is during summer or intersession semesters – see below)
- Cannot have more than one short term student loan out at a time with the University
- Cannot be regular full or part-time UNM faculty or staff members earning benefits (student employees and work-study students are eligible)
- Can only receive up to two short-term loans per semester
- Cannot have a past due balance of more than $200
- Can only receive up to $800.00 for an Emergency Short-Term Loan
- Will need to repay their loan within 45 days
*During summer school a student must be either enrolled for summer or be enrolled for at least
six hours for the fall semester.
*During the intersession a student must be enrolled for the following semester.